11 January 2007

Snowfall

Sure enough, it snowed last night and sure enough, the city of Eugene came to a screeching halt this morning. Every school and college in town was closed for the day (except, of course, the U of O, which apparently hasn't had a snow day in decades). Still, I had just enough free time to take a stroll to take a walk through the woods up the hill (yes, I have a forest behind my house, yet another reason why you all need to come visit more often) to snap a few photos as promised yesterday. My whining about local snow driving abilities (or lack thereof) aside, Eugene does look very nice under a coat (well, really more of a dusting) of snow.
Also, I read what I thought was an interesting
article on the Chicago Tribune's website today about how democrats are hoping to gain a lot of ground in Western states, particularly Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada. Of course, I'm not at all qualified to opine on politics, but I think it's a splendid idea. Despite appearances to the contrary, I've long thought that it's fertile ground for fiscally conservative but socially liberal democrats. Here's hoping; as the article points out, the West could make the difference in 2008.

No comments: